Petroleum Technology Company continuously develops new solutions and innovations that advance the reliability and functionality of our products. We are and shall remain at the forefront of the technology development, within the fields that we operate in. Our Design and Manufacturing track record is best characterized as:
’People may doubt what you say, but they will always believe what you do’.
Our reputation for the design and manufacture of high quality products, is a result of the innovative nature and the unique skills of our employees, along with our design processes, and unrelenting focus on service quality. Our quality management system is in compliance with the API Q1 and ISO 9001 standards.
In this position you will be able to be a part of alle the project phases, from design, development and project management of the PTC Wellhead Integration products. You will work in the interface between a Engineering and Technician role and must be able to work efficient with both engineering tasks as well as hands on work in the lab. A crucial part of the day to day work will be independently PLC programming.
The right candidate enjoys a fast paced working environment, are able to quickly readjust and actively participate in all required aspects of QHSE awareness.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assist engineering with regards to developing new products in accordance with existing guidelines.
- Perform assembly, testing, and FAT of Wellhead Integration products.
- Installation, commissioning and troubleshooting of PTC Wellhead Integration products at clients worldwide, onshore and offshore, as required.
- Assist in the creation or creation of SCDs, P&IDs and other relevant project documentation.
- Evaluate customer technical input with regards to new technology and modification of existing one.
- Training of personnel (internal or external).
- Assist other departments in PTC with your expertise
Required experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related Engineering field
- Experience as Automation technician (2 to 3 years), including design and assembly can compensate for lack of formal education.
- Programming skills – PLC.
- Able to read and understand technical drawings
- Good written and read English skills.
- Actively maintain own competence and continuous development including as defined within the PTC Competency Matrix.
- 2+ years oil and gas industry experience
- Knowledge in ATEX standards
- Relevant training in related topics (Instrument/SAS/Ex) will be valued.
- Basic Offshore Survival (BOSET) (can also be provided).
- Work experience in a technical, engineering or craft environment
- Good communication skills and good working relationship with co-workers and customers
- Systematic with analytical skills
- Capable of working remotely at offshore and onshore locations if required
What PTC can offer:
- Possible trips to PTC locations worldwide
- Exciting and challenging work enviromt
- «Hjem-Jobb-Hjem» agreements as well as various training offers.
- Competitive pension and insurances
If this appeals to you, please submit your application. Applications will be evaluated continuously.
For more information about the position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org