Mercury Marine® has been producing world-class outboard motors and stern assemblies for 80 years. We started in 1939 in a small workshop in Wisconsin, and we have grown to become the largest manufacturer of propulsion systems for boats in the world. Mercury is number one on the water! Our history is characterized by innovations and improvements, where we have defined and redefined the standards of reliable, trouble-free performance, superior power and torque; low emissions and low fuel consumption. No one has given boaters more alternative motorizations to their boats so that one can carry on all their specific activities in a reliable, comfortable and efficient manner.
Sales Representative in Norway
Mercury Marine has grown into the largest manufacturer of propulsion systems for boats in the world. In Norway the company consists of 16 people of varied age and background.
We are now looking for a new colleague with sales experience from working with a dealer network structure, preferably with a technical background from mechanics and electronics. The role is about strengthening Mercury positioning and share for the respective products, as well as providing support to re-seller partners throughout the sales process in all sales-related activities, such as marketing, advertising, sales promotions and training to achieve revenue targets. You must be available for frequent travel in Norway and therefor need to have a driver’s license.
The Sales Representative is responsible for the achievement of the commercial targets in the assigned territory by proper management of the dealer network and by maximizing the sales and profits for the Mercury Marine brands - Mercury Outboard, Mercury Diesel and Mercury Mercruiser Inboard Motors, Parts and Accessories, including Quicksilver and Attwood - in the assigned territory in line with agreed forecasts and budgets.
- Identify where the regional strengths and weaknesses are and formulating plans to strengthen the dealer network and develop the dealers so that they can expand their business.
- Implement dealer network changes by evaluating prospective new dealers and actively promote brands to new prospective dealers.
- Identify and drive improvements in retail performance through merchandising, local marketing, including end consumer events and CRM.
- Maximize wholesales into the dealer and on monthly basis work closely with the dealer network in their territory to collect accurate information on the outboard volume to improve the forecast accuracy and communicate it internally.
- Understand the changing customer requirements and markets conditions and maintain an overall knowledge of the marine markets.
- The role will also support marketing with local language knowledge proof reading, organizing boat shows, dealer meetings and press test.
- You will also perform other tasks that are commensurate with the role.
Skills & knowledge
- Minimum 5 years sales experience – technical background especially mechanics or electronics.
- Area and financial management.
- Fluent interpersonal communication skills both orally and written in Norwegian and English
- Good IT knowledge and previously worked with CRM systems.
- As a person you are open to new ideas and have a positive attitude.
- You have the ability to work independently and actively participate in sales, marketing and intercompany meetings.
- You will need to be flexible for regular business travels
- Drive execution
- Effective communication and to build customer loyalty
- Effective presentations
- Create internal partnerships
- Customer focus and negotiating acumen
- Promote business relationships
- Sales ability
- Be able to influence others and quickly establishing as sense of trust
With us you will get
- The opportunity to make a difference in a dynamic team in the marine industry
- A critical role with broad contact area in the organization
- A challenging role with great responsibility and good opportunities for influence
- To be a part of a strong professional environment with a role in a company that develops employees and creates good career opportunities internationally
Your dream career starts with a love for the water.